(meteorobs) PERSEIDS FROM NORTH CAROLINA

richard hill dwarfnova at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 16 20:34:15 EDT 2015

 This was one of the best views I've had of the Perseids from North Carolina in many years.  There was ahuge turn out on the Blue Ridge Parkway, thanks to promotion about the shower from local media. I observed at the Mount Pisgah Picnic Grounds southwest of Asheville at aprrox. 5100.' altitude. Exceptionally clear skies prevailed both mornings ad the Milky way was glorious.

12 Aug (UT)

0655-0755        46 Perseids     6 Sporadic
0755-0855        54 Perseids     5 Sporadic

13 Aug (UT)

0702-0802         58 Perseids    7 Sporadic
0802-0905         48 Perseids    6 Sporadic      1 Kappa Cygnid (?)