(meteorobs) Quick summary of Dec 11/12 2015 Geminid obs from North Florida

Paul Jones jonesp0854 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 12 09:43:03 EST 2015

Greetings again all,
      Just a quick overview of my four hour Geminid Marathon session from
this morning: What a difference a day makes!  From 130 - 530 EST (0630 -
1030 UT) this morning (Dec 11/12, 2015) from St. Augustine, Florida, I had
127 GEMS and 57 others for 184 total meteors under 6.0 skies.  That's an
average of 46 total meteors per hour.
      The GEM hourly counts were: 35, 36, 33 and 24.  Lots of bright GEMs:
I had one -4, one -3, two -2 and six -1s!  Also, a spectacular -2
earthgrazing sporadic covered almost the entire sky just minutes before I
signed off!!  Overall an amazing show indeed and we are still well short of
the actual maximum!
      More later when I crunch all the numbers.

Clear skies, Paul J in North Florida