(meteorobs) Quick summary of Dec 12/13 Geminid obs from North Florida - What crazy night!

Paul Jones jonesp0854 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 09:29:04 EST 2015

    Mother Nature made me jump through all sorts of hoops here in North
Florida to do it, but I somehow managed almost five hours of GEM watching
last night/this morning.  I battled multiple layers of clouds and a ton of
fog from two different observing sites in order to do it!
    The GEMs really put on a show however and made the effort more than
worthwhile!  I had 280 GEMs and 59 others for 339 total meteors between
1130 and 445 EST this morning (Dec., 12/13, 2015).
    GEM rates were: 49, 48, 61, 64 and 58.  I had a -5 GEM fireball while
waiting for clouds to clear at the first site and several other negative
magnitude GEMs from both places during the watch.
    More later when I crunch a whole bunch of numbers.  Yikes...;o)!

Clear skies, Paul  in North Florida