(meteorobs) Geminid max in Novosibirsk, Russia, December 14/15

Mikhail Maslov skjeller at yandex.ru
Tue Dec 15 00:19:39 EST 2015

A very spectacular night of Geminid max was here in Novosibirsk suburbs. Very strong activity and many bright fireballs, some of them captured by my DSLR camera, you can see the images:

http://www.astronsk.ru/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=223.0;attach=8080;image

http://www.astronsk.ru/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=223.0;attach=8082;image

http://www.astronsk.ru/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=223.0;attach=8084;image

http://www.astronsk.ru/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=223.0;attach=8086;image

All fireballs were intensively bluish in color, especially the last one with magnitude of -10.

Later I'm going to prepare composite images as well as meteor trails animations.

I also visually observed the activity for 3.5 hours, will prepare the report later.

Best regards,
Mikhail Maslov