(meteorobs) Geminids radio monitoring

Jay Hainline ka9cfd at mtcnow.net
Tue Dec 15 14:27:24 EST 2015

I had good luck with this shower monitoring Ch. 6 digital pilot carriers
from the east coast on 82.3095 MHz. Lots of large burns with a peak hour on
Dec. 14 0900-1000z at 269/hr. We had poor weather in my area with rain so I
was not able to look visually for meteors.

You can search the FCC database for potential digital television transmitter
that might be in your range.  Here is a link.
https://www.fcc.gov/media/television/tv-query

Enter a search for the lower TV channels 2-6 and filter for digital
television. I select the output for TV short list to get a nice listing of
all the channels. A listing of the digital pilot carrier frequencies is
easily found using Google and is show in Wikipedia. The ATSC pilot frequency
listings is what you need to know.

Good luck!

Jay Hainline  KA9CFD
Colchester, IL