(meteorobs) Geminids radio monitoring

Michael Boschat andromed at dal.ca
Tue Dec 15 15:22:35 EST 2015

Here are my notes list I have and that work detecting meteors for me up here in Halifax,NS

I monitor 76.310 MHz in CW... works well.

   Digital TV  Meteor Scatter Notes - Updated Dec.13,2015

VC = Video carrier
DC = Digital Carrier

Ch.   VC       DC                            Notes
2    55.25   54.310  ----------   Nothing heard

3    61.25   60.310  ----------   Tone heard and meteors on 61.250 MHz,
                                  also meteors heard on Digital
                                  60.3101 MHz.

4    67.25   66.310  ----------   Tone on VC + meteors heard on
                                  67.2511 MHz and on 66.310 MHz

5    77.25   76.310  ----------   Better one so far. Meteors + strong tone
                                  heard on 77.2511 MHz. Meteors heard also
                                  on 76.3101 MHz.

                                  As of Aug.28 - turned dipole to about
                                  320 deg North magnetic and using
                                  76.310 MHz digital TV.