(meteorobs) Geminids radio monitoring

Thomas Ashcraft ashcraft at heliotown.com
Tue Dec 15 16:56:04 EST 2015

Hi Jay,

Thanks for that info. I have explored pilot carriers a little.

 From where you are in Illinois I would be curious if you might be able
to receive forward scatter from WWV in Fort Collins, Colorado?  When the
ionosphere opens up after dark you might be able to catch fireballs at
25, 20 and 15 MHz. I think you are in range but don't know the practical
observing distance.

Positive or negative reports of reception from anyone would be useful.

Clear skies,
Thomas in New Mexico