(meteorobs) Camelopardalids

Paul Zeller pzeller1966 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 14:34:05 EST 2015

  I just thought I'd throw this question out to the group. Last May, along
with probably everyone else, I hoped for a great meteor show from the
Camelopardalids and, as we all know, it was disappointing. My questions are
(1) is this an annual shower, or was it just a one-time possibility in
2014? And (2) since I read after the event last year that this shower may
have produced meteors too faint for naked-eye observing, would it be
worthwhile this coming May to see if any binocular meteors could be seen
from it? Thanks in advance!