(meteorobs) Camelopardalids

Roberto Gorelli md6648 at mclink.it
Mon Feb 9 04:29:37 EST 2015

On Wed, 4 Feb 2015 14:34:05 -0500
  Paul Zeller <pzeller1966 at gmail.com> wrote:
>  I just thought I'd throw this question out to the group. Last May,
>along
> with probably everyone else, I hoped for a great meteor show from
>the
> Camelopardalids and, as we all know, it was disappointing. My
>questions are
> (1) is this an annual shower, or was it just a one-time possibility
>in
> 2014? And (2) since I read after the event last year that this
>shower may
> have produced meteors too faint for naked-eye observing, would it be
> worthwhile this coming May to see if any binocular meteors could be
>seen
> from it? Thanks in advance!

Sorry for bad English.

The parent body of the shower it's a periodic comet (209P/LINEAR) then
it shall full its meteoritical torus in the next (dozen?) years, when
this shall be do we can have a shower each year until this only when
the comet shall pass near the Earth as in 2014 and in 2019.
Here are prevision for the next years:

http://feraj.narod.ru/Radiants/Predictions/1901-2100eng/209p-ids1901-2100predeng.html

Perharps they must to be refreshed in the next years.

Best greetings.
Roberto Gorelli