(meteorobs) Re : Re: All-sky survey images needed for photometry

chrismlt at laposte.net chrismlt at laposte.net
Tue Jan 20 01:55:10 EST 2015

Dear all,
Salvador,

>The Alf Com was Cancelled.
>http://www.aavso.org/aavso-special-notice-395
>Salvador.

Thank you for your interest.
Indeed, the campaign " Alf Com" has been canceled.
We followed this star between 20 December 2014 and 15 January , when the campaign was canceled. Initially, our scientific of reference had established an ephemeris which gave a maximum probability for this eclipse around 25 January 2015 . After taking over some  observations older than a century , it is now proven that the conjunction will not take place about January 25 but has already taken place last fall , most likely in November. Maybe in October or December .That's why the survey had been stopped. Still, we have to find the eclipse, if possible
That is why we must now search the archives for November images; if we do not find this eclipse in the archive , it will have to wait until 2041 .
All images will be useful to this search.

Thank you for your help.
Christophe

Dear all,

It has been some time since I have not sent a message to the list, but I continue to read it regularly.

In fact, this message will be off-topic, and I hope you will forgive me .

I'm seeking for images of type " all-sky survey" captured between October 15 and December 20 of last year ( 2014).

Some sky-surveillance images for shooting stars would undoubtedly be of great help .

An observing campaign of the double star Alf Com was launched by the AAVSO a few weeks ago. This star is supposed to present eclipses every 25.8 years. Initially, it was determined that the eclipse was to occur on 25 January 2015. It is now foreseen that this eclipse may have occurred &laquo; sometimes &raquo; during last fall, most probably in november.

Can you check if you have these archived images for the period from October 15, when the star appeared in the sky at dawn just before sunrise, to December 20 , date from which we have a good photometric monitoring of the star.

In ordinary times, Alf Com shines at 4.32 Vmag, so any image with a sensitivity in the range of mag 4.5 or better should be great.

If you have such archived images, it would be very nice to let me know, or to tell me how I can access them. I would, of course, do all the process to ckeck for the star and make all the needed photometry.

Anyway, if you know where I can locate this sort of images, it would be of great help too, as all images will be useful.

If we do not find this eclipse on archived images right now, we will need to wait until the year 2041.

The current photometry for Alf Com can be found here :

https://millimagjournal.wordpress.com/alpha-comae-berenices-eclipse-2014-2015-observations/

Many thanks in advance.

Christophe