(meteorobs) Possible Kappa Cygnid outburst

jarnac observe at jarnac.org
Fri Jul 17 19:47:52 EDT 2015

Dear friends,

I know that it is way early for the maximum of the Kappa Cygnids (end
of the month), but on the evening of July 16/17 threre appeared to be
unusually intense activity.  From our Adirondack astronomy
Retreat  Ed Gordon counted more than thirty meteors, mostly Kappa
Cygnids, over a one to two hour time span.  I was not observing
meteors at the timew but I noticed at least five meteors during the
night, of which one wss a bright Kappa Cygnid.

David H. Levy

---