(meteorobs) Possible event in Texas panhandle - 26 June

James Beauchamp falcon99 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jun 27 12:05:24 EDT 2015

Hi all.
This was an interesting trail of events.  A very reliable friend contacted me yesterday to report seeing an event with a sonic boom a few minutes later.
He was hiking with his kids at Black Mesa state park in Kenton Oklahoma at around 9 AM Central time. Described it as his kids seeing the event, and him looking over to see the trails persist for about 10-15 seconds.  5-10 minutes later they were greeted by a pronounced BOOM.
I do not doubt this guy's report, as he is an active general aviation pilot + CFI + CFII with us in CAP, and I've flown with him many times.
Well, as it turns out there was another report on the AMA preliminary list that appeared that day.  Jodie's report is now up, which makes two reports.
Fireball reports

|   |
| Fireball reportsAmerican Meteor Society |
|  |
| View on www.amsmeteors.org | Preview by Yahoo |
|  |
|   |

I would like to see if we can get more correlation.  Would be a fun road trip over the 4th of July weekend for us  :)
James