(meteorobs) Meteor rates today testing Digital TV Ch. 6

Michael Boschat andromed at dal.ca
Fri May 15 12:16:28 EDT 2015

Hi:

 I've been hopping between Ch. 6 Digital TV  as there are 3 of them 2 in New Brunswick at 1.7 and 1.86 kW ERP and

2 in my province in the same location about 150 miles away, one is digital at 2.87 kW ERp and the other analogue at 100.0 kW ERP.

Anyway, I been monitoring 82.309 MHz and 82.310 MHz the latter being a bit better, these are what I heard

today. Also I bought a new Icom R-20 receiver and still need to use the notch filter.

An interesting thing is with my old R10 I heard underdense  sounds like the   "WHOMPPP"    with the R20 I hear

a tuning musical like ping.

My info and results:

Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Lat: N 44d 39'
Long: W 63d 36'
Hgt: 58 meters above sea level
Listening Frequency: 82.310 MHz
Receiver: Icom R-20
Antenna : resonant dipole
Antenna Direction: Horizontally polarized with lobes in E-W plane,  elev 5 deg
Filter  : high-Q (Q at least 300) bandpass filter between antenna & receiver.
Listening Mode: CW
Recording method: listening by ear

   UT        #/hr

------------------

08-09 =     7

09-10 =   17
10-11 =     7
11-12 =   12
12-13 =   16
13-14 =   15
14-15 =     9

Clear skies
Michael Boschat
Halifax Center - Royal Astronomical Society of Canada