(meteorobs) The Skies Are Vast With Unknowns.

Jasmine Dyoco info at educatorlabs.org
Tue May 12 09:37:17 EDT 2015

Hello,

Watching “Gravity” again recently with some friends made me realize what
little they - all grown adults, obviously - actually know about astronomy.
Some of them feel uncomfortable and nervous because of how big and
mysterious it is for them.  This got me excited about putting together some
resources on the theme of space.

At EducatorLabs, we love every opportunity to share educational material
with others. Fun and engaging educational material is all the more welcome
when it lets us discover the world beyond our immediate surroundings -
either at school or at home. So, we’ve gathered and pasted below a handful
of excellent astronomy resources we thought you might be interested in
reviewing and sharing with others.

Once you’ve had a chance to review the collection, please feel free to
share and post (maybe here:
http://lists.meteorobs.org/pipermail/meteorobs/2005-June/002627.html?) as
many as you’d like:

Resources for Teaching Astronomy

http://www.csun.edu/science/geoscience/astronomy/

Resources for Educators | American Astronomical Society

http://aas.org/education/EducatorResources

Aerospace History: the Space Shuttle

http://www.e-aircraftsupply.com/aerospace-history-the-space-shuttle/

Astronomy and Space Videos from the Institute of Physics

http://www.iop.org/resources/videos/education/classroom/astronomy/page_51897.html

Physics Calculations

http://www.calculators.org/math/physics.php

I would love to hear back from you that these resources were useful and
that you’re on board with sharing them! That said, please also let me know
in an email response if you'd rather not hear from me in the future. I
understand and respect your wishes!

Best,

Jasmine

Jasmine Dyoco | info at educatorlabs.org

http://educatorlabs.org/ | Cultivating. Connecting. Curating.

2054 Kildaire Farm Rd. #204 | Cary, NC | 27518