(meteorobs) Taurids 31 october/1 november 2015

Paul Jones jonesp0854 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 06:51:26 EST 2015

Hi Koen and all,
     I also managed about an hour and a half of somewhat low quality Taurid
watching from north Florida last night (10/31 - 11/1, 2015) .  Overall, I
had 8 Taurids and 10 sporadics between 2155 and 2315 EDT (0155 - 0315 UT)
last night under hazy and often cloudy skies from the meteor roof here in
St. Augustine.  Nothing even close to a fireball for me again, however.
The brightest Taurid I saw was a orangey, long-pathed +1.  All other
Taurids were from +2 to +4 in range.
I was impressed with the overall activity level last night though
considering the sub par conditions. Eighteen total meteors in just 1 1/2
hours before midnight isn't shabby at all.  The Taurids do indeed seem to
be having an active year!   I'll give it another go tonight, hopefully my
sky conditions will improve and I can get better quality data.

Hopefully more later, Paul J in north Florida