(meteorobs) Taurids, 2015 11 02 UT, All Sky Camera

Paul Jones jonesp0854 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 09:29:43 EST 2015

Hello Michael and all,
     I was out on the meteor roof for fifty minutes last night (11:00 p.m.
to 11:50 p.m. EST)  before clouds shut me down and saw very good Taurid
activity (13 Taurids and 5 SPO) during that time.  As with you, none of
mine were fireballs, but I did have a nice orangey yellow -1 Taurid and two
other Taurids at zero magnitude.  Several of them were long pathed and left
glittering trains.  It got so active at one point, I thought I was watching
the Geminids, not the Taurids!  In lieu of fireballs, the Taurids seem to
be very active indeed this year thus far.  Hope they can keep it up!

Clear skies, Paul J in north Florida