(meteorobs) Taurids, 2015 11 02 UT, All Sky Camera

Paul Jones jonesp0854 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 10:31:27 EST 2015

Hi again Michael and all,
    I did try some visual separating of the Taurids I saw last night into
separate radiants, but found it challenging due to the sub-par sky
conditions, my fatigue level and a majority of the Taurids I saw being far
away from the radiant complex (up to 60 or more degrees of sky away in many
cases), but my impression (somewhat low confidence level, however) was that
most were STAs with about three being possible NTAs and one or two possible
CTAs.   Going forward, I'm hoping for sharper. clearer skies to do a better
job on "splitting them up" better.  It has also been my experience that the
Taurids collectively can remain quite active all through the Leonids and
into late November.  Hopefully, we shall have many more opportunities to
observe them this year.  Good luck to all!

Paul J in north Florida