(meteorobs) Taurids last night Nov 4/5 - 0000-0400 UT

Michael Boschat andromed at dal.ca
Thu Nov 5 07:53:23 EST 2015

Morning,,,

well, went out at 0000-0400 UT with camera looking for Taurids.. the sky was ok but cloud banks came in and out

most of night. In all that time I saw 6 meteors, 5 were Taurids BUT not that bright and 1 sporadic.

1st one was about -0 mag with a small breakup, and it came out of radiant, the 2nd one was to left of Pleiades also out

from radiant, it was a slow 0 mag.

the 3rd were 2 at the same time both parrallel to each other to right of rising Orion, they were both 1st magnitude at 0355 UT

The last was a -1 near Orion belt at 0400 UT

In any event I saw Taurids and got 2 on camera.  Hope the Leonids are a bit better.

Clear skies
Michael Boschat
Halifax Center - Royal Astronomical Society of Canada
Astronomy page:  http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/~aa063