(meteorobs) Taurids last night

Michael Boschat andromed at dal.ca
Mon Nov 9 07:09:08 EST 2015

Morning:

Well, went out at 2300 UT and WAS going to photograph Cetus area. but Nooooo.. decided to go for Auriga

instead.

No sooner had I stared then at 2355 UT a -6 blue-green with 2-3 pieces falling off
head goes through Cetus! Then at 0020 UT a -8 goes from head

of Cetus down and leaves a 1-2 sec trail!

But I was hoping for one, yep I get a -1 white short above Pleiades at 0035 UT.

In 1 hour saw 3 Taurids. I went in and after 2 hours ( 0100-0200 UT)

saw not a single one!

Ahh well,,, I will pin my hopes on the Leonids

Clear skies
Michael Boschat
Halifax Center - Royal Astronomical Society of Canada
Astronomy page:  http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/~aa063