(meteorobs) Capturing daytime fireballs?

Josep Maria Trigo trigo at ieec.uab.es
Fri Nov 13 09:22:53 EST 2015

Thomas Ashcraft wrote:

>Are there any specialized camera systems for capturing daytime meteors
>and/or re-entries?
>
>Would near infrared filtering enhance chances of video capturing a
>daytime fireball?

Dear Thomas et al.,

You can try to addapt color or b&w video cameras for those purposes.
Please take a look
to our papers:
http://www.hindawi.com/journals/aa/2010/167494/

We have several extended abstracts published (see ADS) describing some
daylight events.
I don't think that filtering is essential in here.

Best,
 Prof. Dr. Josep M. Trigo-Rodríguez
 P.I. ICE Group on Meteorites, Minor bodies, and Planetary Sciences
  Institute of Space Sciences (ICE, CSIC-IEEC)
 Campus UAB, Carrer de Can Magrans s/n, (Bellaterra)
 08193 Cerdanyola del Vallés (Barcelona), SPAIN
 Homepage: http://www.spmn.uji.es/ESP/trigo.html
 E-mail: trigo at ice.csic.es
 Telephone: +34 93 7379788, Ext: 933069 (Meteorite clean room lab: 933081)