(meteorobs) Taurids November 14, 2015 - Mathias, WV

george gwgliba at gmail.com
Sat Nov 14 13:08:53 EST 2015

               Screech Owl Hill Observatory,  Mountain Meadows
                      Mathias, West Virginia - November 14, 2015

We had marginal conditions with 40% variable cloudiness, but I still
saw several NTA meteors, but nothing brighter than Capella.  No STAs
were noticed.  In the sucker holes transparency was excellent showing
much structure in the Milky Way. The Winter Milky Way and the Zodiacal
Band made a thick “X” in the Sky near the foot of Gemini. I was able to
get only an hour of observing in due to the weather.

On the morning of the 13th I was also out for an hour and saw several
NTA meteors, but the amount of cloudiness was even more than last night.
The LM in the sucker holes was still very good.  No meteors brighter than
-1 (a NTA) was seen ( ~ 4 to 5 UT).

   Date     Time (UT)   LM   %Obst.     FOV
11/14/15  3:15-4:15    6.6       40%     5.3+60
AND  STA  NTA  ORI  SPO  Total
  0       0       6       0      3         9

Magn. Distributions Nov. 14, 2015 - 03:15-04:15 UT - LM=6.6
          0   1   2   3   4   5   Total   Ave.
AND   0   0   0   0   0   0     0      N/A
STA    0   0   0   0   0   0     0      N/A
NTA    1   3   1   0   1   0     6      1.5
ORI    0   0   0   0   0   0     0      N/A
SPO   0   1   0   1   0   1     3       2.3

Starry Skies,
GWG