(meteorobs) WWV - useful as a 25 MHz scatter transmitter

Thomas Ashcraft ashcraft at heliotown.com
Sat Nov 21 10:01:50 EST 2015

The past week I discovered that WWV, the time station broadcasting from
Fort Collins, Colorado, can be a useful transmitter for radio meteor
observing particularly at 25 MHz through the night.

I am going to set up a dedicated radio and directional antenna and do
some further experimenting. I will write something up with spectrograph
specimens and audio in the next week.

I would be interested in anyone's reports if they attempt to monitor at
25 MHz, aiming towards Fort Collins.

This would be primarily useful as a night-time transmitter source.

Thomas Ashcraft  -  Radio Fireball Observatory  -  New Mexico