(meteorobs) WWV - useful as a 25 MHz scatter transmitter

Thomas Ashcraft ashcraft at heliotown.com
Sat Nov 21 11:04:07 EST 2015

On 11/21/15 8:42 02000, Michael Boschat wrote:
> Hi:
>
>   I had thought of using  WWV or CHU here from Halifax,NS,Canada. but it is said they are too interfered with by atmospherics to use.
>
> What would the meteor sound like?  just an enhancment of the voice and "tick tock"?

You can try.  Not sure if CHU transmits at 25 MHz. In the US it is
experimental at the moment. http://www.nist.gov/pml/div688/grp40/wwv.cfm

Yes, in the night you would hear nothingness and then a meteor would
reflect in the voice and time beat for as long as the meteor ionization
would support it.

I will post specimens in a few days of what it looks and sounds like.