(meteorobs) Happy New Year meteor showers

David Levy doveedshakespeare at gmail.com
Sun Nov 22 14:16:22 EST 2015

Dear David,

I';ve just completed reading your most interesting post.   Unfortunat6ely I
do not know of any radiant active on NEw Year's that produces rather
fast-moving meteors from the radiant that you mention.   However, according
to Peter Bown at Western University in London, Ontario, Canada, there is a
Cepheid Meteor shower that peaks ariound NEw Year's eve.  The radiant is
way too far north for you, being up in Cepheus, and its meteors are very
slow.  I've seen some rolling along for a couple of seconds at the rate of
a satellite.  They are connected apparently to my most recent visually
discovered comet, P/2006 T1, which has a very short period of about five
years.

I hope yopu're doing well David.  It was good to read your message.  I'll
be interested to know if you get activity next month.

Be well.

David

David H. Levy
Jarnac Observatory