(meteorobs) 2015 Orionid pre-max observations from north Florida - they're looking pretty good already.

Michael Boschat andromed at dal.ca
Fri Oct 16 09:45:43 EDT 2015

Nice, I was trying to get the conjunction and was on the apt roof here in Halifax, was shooting at Orion

but had the ISO at 1600 on my Canon xsi, a +1 red went right beside the belt stars...thought I had it but was too much

noise!..ughhh that was the only one I saw.

next week looks iffy here so may just listen by radio to them if poor. last year only got a few doing an all nighter.

Clear skies
Michael Boschat
Halifax Center - Royal Astronomical Society of Canada
Astronomy page:  http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/~aa063