(meteorobs) Unusual Eta Taurid (ETT) Activity?

Paul Zeller pzeller1966 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 18 04:53:19 EDT 2015

  Hello all. I had a couple of hours of predawn observing this morning
(Sunday Oct. 18) from my back yard with very clear skies (LM = 5.2). Though
I was primarily looking for Orionid activity, and saw a few, what really
got my attention was that from 7:30 - 8:30 UT I saw four meteors that
seemed to be members of the Eta Taurids. Three appeared within the same ten
minute time span. They seemed to be the right speed and could be traced
back to the area shown as the radiant on Robert Lunsford's latest Meteor
Activity Outlook article. The shower description seemed to indicate that
only one or less should be seen and that maximum activity is still six
nights away. Has anyone else noticed an unusually high number of these
meteors from this shower?

  Paul Zeller
  Indianapolis, IN, USA