(meteorobs) 2015 Orionids obs from north Florida - they're STILL going strong!!

george gwgliba at gmail.com
Sat Oct 24 13:00:45 EDT 2015

Paul,

You are the undisputed Orionid champion this year, for North America at least.  I believe your
consistent results. They indicate a flat maximum from Oct. 21-24.   In the past I have seen good
Orionid rates on the 25th as wellI.  I saw 20 Orionids an hour in 1998 from West Virginia on the
morning of October 25th (LM=6.4) that year.

We had to come back to Maryland from WVa on Wednesday, which is why my observing stopped.
Somehow I have become spoiled by dark skies, and seldom meteor observe meteors in Greenbelt
anymore because of the worsening light pollution.

Starry Skies,
GWG