(meteorobs) 2015 Orionid campaign closeout from north Florida - Great to the last!

Paul Jones jonesp0854 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 11:00:52 EDT 2015

Greetings again all,
    Once again, Mother Nature treated me right this morning, allowing me to
closeout my 2015 Orionid campaign in fine fashion from up on the meteor
roof.
    I only had 45 minutes before clouds moved in from the north, but they
were very productive indeed, as I logged 14 more ORIs and had the brightest
ORI of the entire campaign - a  stunning reddish orange -3 in Aries!
    In addition to that beauty, I also has yellow -1 ORI and another
lovely, long-pathed, first magnitude Leo Minorid.  The ORIs looked as if
they had not missed a beat this morning at all and even had brightened up
considerably from the previous mornings.

Here is the data from this morning:

Oct. 24/25, 2015,Observer: Paul Jones, Location: 5 miles southwest of St.
Augustine, Florida, Facing: south

0500 -0545 EDT (1000 - 1045 UT), LM: 6.0, 20% cloud interference (45
minutes)
14 ORI
1 STA
1 LMI
5 SPO
21 Total meteors

Mags:
ORI: -3 (1), -1 (1), +1(1), +2 (2), +3 (5), +4 (3), +5 (1)
STA: +3 (1)
LMI: +1 (1)
SPO: +1 (1), +2 (1), +3 (2), +4 (1)

I do believe the ORIs would keep right on chugging along from here for
maybe several more mornings!  They showed no signs of slacking off this
morning whatsoever!
This really is an amazing stream to watch, but only from very dark skies
and as close to morning twilight as one can come.  It also takes total
concentration at all times to catch the faint ones and a good visual
perception capability is also a great asset for an observer.

Now it is on to the Leonids and Geminids - YAY!  The hits just keep on
coming...;o).  Best of luck to all for clear skies for them.

More later, Paul