(meteorobs) Unusual Taurids

Pavel Zhavoronkov pavel.zhavoronkov at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 10:54:48 EDT 2015

Dear meteor friends!
Here in Vologda, Russia has come period of extremely clear and cloudless
cold weather. At 20/21 and 21/22 October in a time of Orionids observing I
also as you saw unusual meteor activity from Taurus-Aries area. This
meteors has medium velocity.

During 4 hour of my observing time 20/21 I saw 8 meteors from that area. By
my opinion, there is too earlier for maximum of Taurids complex.
Additionally, 4 slowly meteors of Cetids observed by me in that night. My
SQM readings on that observing place was 20.40.

During 21/22 night I was in another observing place and also saw these
showers. My SQM readings was 21.20. What a beautiful night! I saw a whole
ecliptical plane of zodiacal light almost from horizon-to-horizon with pale
but distinguishable Gegenschein in Pisces.
For 2 hours of observing in that night 4 members of  probable "Autumn
Arietids'' and 3 members of Cetids was detected by me. Definitely, there is
really unusual activity from that area!

I hope to continue my observing of that area on a today's night...

Clear skies for all!

Pavel Zhavoronkov. Vologda, Russia.