(meteorobs) Meteor Activity Outlook for April 30-May 6, 2016

Robert Lunsford lunro.imo.usa at cox.net
Fri Apr 29 21:23:25 EDT 2016

Richard and All,

I did some investigating and found that the sporadic portion of this week's post was partial and incorrect. It should read:

As seen from the mid-northern hemisphere (45N) one would expect to see approximately 4 sporadic meteors per hour during the last hour before dawn as seen from rural observing sites. Evening rates would be near 2 per hour. As seen from the tropical southern latitudes (25S), morning rates would be near 8 per hour as seen from rural observing sites and 3 per hour during the evening hours. Locations between these two extremes would see activity between the listed figures. Morning rates are slightly reduced during this period due to moonlight.

Other than that I found no other errors. I produced this one just like others in the past.

Robert Lunsford