(meteorobs) Aug 4/5 2016 quick observation summary from North Florida - PERs blow past 30 an hour!!

Paul Jones jonesp0854 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 07:39:35 EDT 2016

Greetings all,
      I overslept this morning and was late to get out - only able to put
in one hour from the gorgeous skies of Matanzas Inlet, but what an hour it
was!  The PERs have blown right past 30 an hour!!  What a difference 24
hours can make.
     I was out yesterday morning also (still have yet to report it) and the
PERs were at about 15 an hour.  Well, this morning I had 33 PERs between
0430 and 0530 EDT!  Overall, with SDAs, CAPS, ERIs and SPOs - a total of 50
meteors under pristine skies from Matanzas Inlet.  WOW!!
     My fellow ACAC observing buddy Brenda Branchett was observing from
Deltona, Florida and also reported high PER rates.  She even has a -4 PER
just before I got out.  It's starting to get real wild and crazy up there,
folks!!

More later, Paul J in North Florida