(meteorobs) Bright daylight fireball over North-Eastern France, 25/02/2016, 10h32 UT

karl.antier at laposte.net karl.antier at laposte.net
Fri Feb 26 07:09:40 EST 2016

Hi meteor enthusiasts!

I now remember starting to write an e-mail to the list yesterday at around 12:00 (French local time), as fireball observing reports were starting to flood my mailbox...
And as I could not find the list address, I gave up very fast... and forgot.
Now, Jérémie e-mail of this morning reminds me I forgot to tell you a very bright event was observed yesterday (25/02/2016) at 10h 32 UT from North-Eastern France, Belgium, Luxembourg and Germany. A radio echo of the event was recorded by Enrico Stomeo from the Venice Planetarium. But no video was recorded. This is why I was wondering if some neighbouring countries could try to locate videos (webcams, spying cameras, etc.) of the event?
The information about the event are regularly updated on this webpage: http://www.reforme-meteor.net/bolide-du-25-fevrier-2016-11h30-heure-locale-soit-10h30-tu/
I'm sorry it's in French, but if you need any further information, please ask!

Clear skies!
Karl