(meteorobs) Early Quadrantids Attempt

Paul Zeller pzeller1966 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 04:53:01 EST 2016

  Kind of a disappointing morning here. I was outside from 7:30 - 9:00 UT
January 3 with a clear sky and LM = 5.1 before moonlight started to wash
out the faintest stars, but I didn't log a single Quadrantid. Three meteors
total ... 1 Alpha Hydrid (+2.0 mag.), 1 Anthelion (+2.0 mag.) and 1
Sporadic (+1.0 mag.) Just below freezing with a breeze making a wind chill
that was several degrees colder. I hope the rest of you have better luck!
We're forecast to have clouds and scattered snow flurries for the
Quadrantid peak on Monday morning.

  Paul Zeller
  Indianapolis, IN, USA