(meteorobs) 2016 QUA max from North Florida - WOW!

Paul Jones jonesp0854 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 09:06:23 EST 2016

Hi all,
     I managed to get in almost two hours of Quadrantid maximum observing
this morning as the cold front mostly swept through our area just in time!
All told in 1 hour and 45 minutes of on again, off again viewing due to
residual clouds from the front passage I had 81 total QUAs and a few other
meteors.
     My best count was between 0515 - 0615 EST (1015 - 1115 UT) when I saw
a total of 55 QUAs during the hour!   I had one -4 QUA, 3 - 2 QUAs and many
other bright ones as well.  They would come in bursts of three and four in
quick succession.  All in all it was an amazing show and one I was very
lucky to catch a glimpse of!  More when I get all my data reduced. Hope
others had some good luck as well.

Paul J in North Florida