(meteorobs) Quadrantid radio reflections - New Mexico

Thomas Ashcraft heliotown27 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 5 12:29:26 EST 2016

Thanks for that paper with specimens Jean-Louis.

The past two days I have been using the Quadrantids to help me find and tune into useful scatter transmitters here in the west/southwest US. It looks like I can pick up some DTV pilot carriers which actually show good definition of C and epsilon meteor reflections. I have two radios/antennas oriented west northwest and I can get a simultaneous multi-radio view point with some potential doppler information.

Here is a link to a spectrogram of my current reception from a few minutes ago. -  Thomas

http://www.heliotown.com/FBjan052016_capt1601051626labels.png

|   |
|  |
|  |