(meteorobs) Jan 3/4, 2016 QUA obs from North Florida - Amazing good luck!

Paul Jones jonesp0854 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 05:29:26 EST 2016

Pierre. my man, thank you and a great big well done right back at ya!  I
can't even imagine observing under -11F temps...!  And I thought I was cold
with the 45F temps we had down here... yikes!   The QUA clumping effect
really did surprise me this time.  I've seen the effect before of course
from some of the other major showers, notably the GEMS, but the way the
QUAs did it was different somehow.  I think what got me most about it was
the almost musical regularity of it - like a fireworks show that is synched
up to music.    Looking forward to reading about your GEM road trip!  Now
we just gotta get through the daggum Meteor Doldrums...:o(.

Clear skies and stay warm up there ☺, Paul J