(meteorobs) Quadrantids 2016 from Spain, above the clouds

Francisco Ocaña González albireo3000 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 10:47:16 EST 2016

Thanks Ferrucio, Rohankumar, Salvador!

Currently we are using an Evil camera with self recording system. We are
trying to get the manufacturer to have a collaboration with us. As we are
completely self-funded we prefer to wait before disclosing it. Anycase it
is an off-the-shelf product, comercial brand. Simply we don´t want to make
free publicity to the brand, but the idea of the project is to make it open
for other enthusiasts. The camera is controlled by a Raspberry Pi, and we
will release the software too. The configuration this time was ISO 20000,
full HD, exp. 1/50, 30 fps, Sigma 30mm f1.4.

If you are interested in figures, more or less the material for each
mission costs 4500€, and up to 3500€ are most of the times reusable for the
next one (if nothing fail... previous one ended up in Mediterranean Sea...).

Best,

Paco