(meteorobs) Brief summary from this morning - July 14/15 2016 pre-dawn obs WOW!!

Paul Jones jonesp0854 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 08:22:52 EDT 2016

Good morning all,
    I was out in the pre-dawn for two more sensational hours this morning
from the Butler Beach, Florida site and it was amazing to say the least!
Just a quick summary for now, more in depth report to follow later today.

    Between 3 and 5 a.m. this morning I had 55 total meteors altogether!  I
hit 33 total meteors for that frenzied second hour with 6 Perseids and 4
July Pegasids among them.  The meteors were coming so fast in spots, that I
could hardly keep up with all of them!

    If this mornings activity is any indication of what the coming weeks
will bring in the meteor department, we are in for one wild and crazy ride,
baby!!

More later, Paul J in North Florida