(meteorobs) July 15/16 2016 observations from North Florida - An incredible run!

Paul Jones jonesp0854 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 17:09:16 EDT 2016

     Thank you, Pierre.  I look forward to your always awesome reports as
well.  You inspire me right back...;o).  The Bermuda High has indeed  been
very kind to us here in North Florida so far this summer!  How long it can
continue is the big question.  It appears that most if not all of the
summer radiants seem poised to put on good shows for us later on.  Best of
luck on seeing them and I too look forward to our sharing observing notes.

    Speaking of observing notes, I made two sleep-deprivation type mistakes
in this morning's report.   My second half hour period this morning was 15
total meteors, not 16, for a total of 46 meteors in the 1.5 hour period -
got a bit ahead of myself there...;o).  Also, on the -3 PER, I meant to say
that if it had split the zenith it might have been a fireball, not split
the meridian - thoughts clouded in drowsiness...;o).   Still, it was not
too bad I guess considering it was less than five degrees above the SE
horizon.

    Hope everyone has a chance to get out and see some cool stuff in the
upcoming weeks...

Clear skies, Paul J in North Florida