(meteorobs) {MPML} Omicron Draconids

george gwgliba at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 13:15:55 EDT 2016

I wasn’t out then, but this is interesting.  Usually three meteors isn’t significant unless it is in a short
time period, which the ones drygulch saw were.  They also may have been from the July gamma
Draconids, whose radiant is about 9 degrees away.  It is possible, as 9 degrees is within the average
visual observational error if you aren’t plotting them on a star chart as you observe them. They could
also be Omicron Draconids as well.

In fact, I may have seen some at Mountain Meadows, WV last year about a week earlier,  See:

http://lists.meteorobs.org/pipermail/meteorobs/2015-July/017777.html

Starry Skies,
GWG