(meteorobs) July 29/30 2016 observations from North Florida - Another amazing session!!

Paul Jones jonesp0854 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 30 09:47:00 EDT 2016

Greetings again all,
   Just a quick summary of this morning's 3 hour session from Matanzas
Inlet - it may have been the best one yet in terms of numbers of observed
meteors anyway.   I had overall 114 meteors in 3 hours from 1:25 a.m. to
4:25 a.m. under superb skies once again.

    Overall rates for the three hours were: 31, 37 and 46.  SDA rates
jumped to an amazing 23 for that last hour, by far the best I have ever
seen from them.  SDA rates for the three hours were: 13, 17 and 23! I also
had 8 PERs in the last hour, plus another couple of nice GDRs.  What a busy
session indeed - meteors were coming at almost a one a minute clip for
awhile there.

     I'm falling behind - detailed reports for both yesterday morning and
this morning to follow separately.  I'm over 600 observed meteors just for
the month of July alone - over 1,100 for the entire year so far - with PER
max yet to come.

More follow, happy, but sleep-challenged Paul J in North Florida...;o)