(meteorobs) Keeping up with Jones

Richard Taibi rjtaibi at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 30 11:09:29 EDT 2016

Paul,

Congratulations on your run of spectacular observation sessions!  I am envious of your skies and meteor counts.

I was particularly impressed by that -5 fireball you saw skimming the northwest horizon after 2:15 AM EDT on the 29th.  Because of atmospheric extinction at your location, that fireball if seen near the zenith, perhaps in Tennessee or northern Mississippi or Georgia, might have been about -6 or -7 magnitude.  Perhaps the AMS fireball reports will show a sighting from folks in those areas?  Just a thought.

Good luck for more watches and thanks for your interesting reports!

Rich