(meteorobs) Jan 30/21 2016 observation quick summary from N. Florida - a BUSY night!

Paul Jones jonesp0854 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 31 10:31:19 EDT 2016

H all,
    Just a quick summary of another eventful night in North Florida!  I
attended the ACAC's Monthly Stay Party  in the early evening and had a
great time with friends on Butler Beach until after 1: 00 a.m. this morning
- more on that later.

    Then after that I went down to Matanzas Inlet and had two more glorious
hours of high meteor activity under some of the clearest, darkest skies I
have ever seen!  Had 78 total meteors in the two hours with a =5 South
delta Aquariid (SDA) fireball, a -3 SDA and 2 -2 Perseids!  Also, saw a
couple more lovely July gamma Draconid meteors as this radiant is still
going up there.  Earlier in the evening at the party, we all saw a gorgeous
orange -2 alpha Capricornid meteor flash by.  Wow!!

   Overall, it was an amazing night of amateur astronomy enjoyed with
friends old and new.  Complete report to follow...

An exhausted Paul J in North Florida...;o)