(meteorobs) ZWO asi 120mc for meteors?

Michael Boschat andromed at dal.ca
Sun Jun 5 18:48:36 EDT 2016

Hi Paul:

>  I hope you can get your hobby re-started. I thought this might be a good camera for someone who wants to get started,
> and if it doesn't work out as an all-sky system, I could put it to good use as a lunar and planetary camera.
> I'm hoping to set something up that will catch meteors +1 mag. or brighter.

 I hope to get re-started soon back observing with my C8.

I think if you had a good quality lens meteor detection might be better with the camera, the lens I used had some
fall off quality at the edges, like binoculars.  But I did pick up a few bright meteors about -1 Geminids.  I never
put the variable lens to 10mm as I wanted a lot of sky in, plus being in the city did not help much.

 It is a good camera for lunar-solar-planetary work also.

Clear skies
Michael Boschat
Halifax Center - Royal Astronomical Society of Canada