(meteorobs) Fw: Strong sporadic-E at the moment- conicident with Arietids?

Michael Boschat andromed at dal.ca
Tue Jun 7 15:08:41 EDT 2016

Hi

 Here, I have moved to a new place and my radio meteors have dropped a lot, I cannot put dipole on
the new apt roof here and also I am lower on the 2nd flloor with 2 big trees in front. All I can do is put my antenna on the
tree but only can aim to the south, bad for me as I was able to point it more NNW.

 I do see and hear a few pings ( use Spectrum Lab) And monitor analogue and digital carriers. They are there but
not as many.

I have asked myself if the problem was atmospheric also,  my background static does not sound like before but more
"garbbled"  and the main video tone 77.25 MHz fades in and out at times , also the static on 76.310 MHz - digital TV 5 sounds
a bit like the ocean waves in and out also.

 Could the problem be Sporadic- E ?

 As for NLC, there have been out bursts in West Canada,  but I have nt see any here in Halifax ( 44N) for the last 28
years.

 Is there a way to know if this is all atmospheric problems and not my location?

Thanks in advance,,,

Clear skies
Michael Boschat
Halifax Center - Royal Astronomical Society of Canada
Astronomy page:  http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/~aa063