(meteorobs) Fw: Strong sporadic-E at the moment- conicident with Arietids?

Jay Hainline ka9cfd at mtcnow.net
Tue Jun 7 15:25:21 EDT 2016

Hello Michael. I don't know where you live or how high your antenna is but
it is very possible you are picking up local radio interference that is
affecting your observations. Switching power supplies for all kinds of
electronic things are notorious for emitting radio frequencies carriers
across the spectrum. As for sporadic e and being an amateur radio operator,
I like to use this site to see where sporadic e clouds may be on-going:

http://www.dxmaps.com/spots/map.php?Lan=E
<http://www.dxmaps.com/spots/map.php?Lan=E&Frec=50&ML=M&Map=NA&DXC=N&HF=N&GL
=N> &Frec=50&ML=M&Map=NA&DXC=N&HF=N&GL=N

Click on the 50 MHz tab to see where contacts are being made on the amateur
6 meter band. Or click on the MUF ES tab to get an idea where the e clouds
are located and how high in frequency the MUF (Maximum Usable Frequency) is
calculated to be.

I hope the information is helpful.

Jay Hainline  KA9CFD

Colchester, IL