(meteorobs) Fw: Strong sporadic-E at the moment- conicident with Arietids?

Michael Boschat andromed at dal.ca
Tue Jun 7 17:42:18 EDT 2016

Hi Jay:

>  I don't know where you live or how high your antenna is but it is very possible you are picking up local radio interference

 I am in Halifax,NS, Canada.  I *use* to live in a 5 story apt building and was able to put the dipole on a pole and aim it NNW

from my balcony.   Then I moved to a small 3 story apt building, no balcony and trees in front also have a bus stop,intersections

with traffic lights and lots of telephone poles with wire. I am on a 2nd floor. and very..very.. limited to any way to point the antenna.

It sits in a tree outside my window facing  ( director ) south . I have it insulated so if the tree is wet no metal contact is made.

I am not able to put the antenna on the roof, which I think would help more.

At this time I still get the odd meteor reflection on what analogue TV we have left and also on digital carriers.

Clear skies
Michael Boschat
Halifax Center - Royal Astronomical Society of Canada
Astronomy page:  http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/~aa063