(meteorobs) Another Arietid Try

Roberto Gorelli md6648 at mclink.it
Thu Jun 9 16:21:46 EDT 2016

On Thu, 9 Jun 2016 12:25:25 -0400
  Paul Zeller <pzeller1966 at gmail.com> wrote:
>  Thank you, Roberto. I broke my session into 15 minute intervals and
> calculated the limiting magnitude for each of those periods of time
>while I
> was out observing.
>
>  That meteor shower that you mentioned, linked to Icarus, sounds very
> interesting. Do you know where in the sky the radiant for this shower
>would
> be, and what the date of maximum would be?
>
>  Paul Z.

I think that I wrote a not correct English sentence: that I want to
said is that in the past Icaurs 1566 was saw as a parent body of
Arietids today not, but it must to be the parent body of a meteor
shower.
This meteor shower should have (2016) a Moid of 0,020-0,023 AU,
the peak around 19.1 June (solar longitude at 88.0), geocentric
speed of 27,59-28,19 km/s, coordinates 3 H 40 M, + 31,6-32,0°,
a point at around 1,5° from Omicron Persei.
In 2015 Icarus was at around only 6 million of km from Earth, this
year at 16 June shall be at its perielium: perharps this year we can
see more meteors from it then we can se IF this shower exist.
Best greetings.
Roberto Gorelli