(meteorobs) Quick summary - May 5/6, 2016 ETA observation from North Florida

Paul Jones jonesp0854 at gmail.com
Fri May 6 10:11:59 EDT 2016

Greetings again all,
      I managed another awesome 2.5 hours of ETA watching this morning
along with fellow Ancient City Astronomy Club (St. Augustine, Florida)
member Jeffrey Corder, as we had stunningly dark skies from the Matanzas
Inlet, Florida area about 18 miles south of St. Augustine.
      While Jeffrey did some amazing deep sky work with his
photomultiplier-enhanced Celestron 8, I had 66 total meteors with 37 ETAs
between 0300 and 0530 a.m. EDT under marvelous 6.8 LM skies.
      My ETA counts were: 7, 16 and 11 with many bright ones and long
lasting trains, it was a memorable morning!  I had one -2 and three -1
ETAs, plus loads of fainter ones.  If morning twilight had not interfered,
I'm sure I could have closed in on 25 ETAs an hour!
      More later, when I crunch all the data from this morning and we're
far from finished with the 2016 ETAs on top of it...WOW!

Clear skies, Paul