(meteorobs) May 9/10 2016 ETA observation from North Florida - luck ran out...

Paul Jones jonesp0854 at gmail.com
Tue May 10 05:39:58 EDT 2016

Greetings all,
      Well, I saw the meteorological handwriting on the wall forming up
yesterday morning and sure enough it was mostly overcast this morning.
Still, I saw a few "sucker holes" here and there and being the
never-say-die observational opportunist that I am, I went down to Matanzas
Inlet anyway.
      It was no better there, but I decided to hang out a bit and finally
the clouds did part long enough for me to get in about a 20 minute window
of some clear skies around 0400 EDT.  It wasn't good enough to record data,
but I did catch a lovely +1 ELY, three more ETAs and a nice long, slow, +3
ANT though that clear window.
      Now that the high pressure dome that allowed my awesome six night run
of observing is over, no telling when I can get back out.  With several
more dark nights left before moon issues return and lots of cool meteor
stuff still going on up there, I  plan t give it a go whenever clear skies
allow.
      Hope everyone got to see the Mercury Transit yesterday.  I watched it
online and sure enough,  Sting and The Police got it right after all:
there really WAS a little black spot on the Sun yesterday...;o).

Clear skies, Paul J in North Florida